Places to go to find great folk, roots, bluegrass, blues, and other related music in the Rochester regional area. Some of these venues host this kind of music only on certain nights. Be sure to look at our interactive Community Music Calendar for details on performances around our area.
Note - these are only links to venues that have online information about their musical offerings. There are many other sources of folk music in the area that don't have a web presence. Please check our Community Music Calendar for more live music opportunities.
If you have suggestions for additional venues to be listed here, please leave a comment or contact the webmaster via the link at the bottom of this page.
- The Golden Link Folk Singing Society - Of course, we sponsor our own concerts and events, hosting excellent musical talent from around the country!
- The Beale, Rochester - Live bands Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Buffalo Bill's Family Restaurant and Tap Room, Shortsville - Singer/Songwriters in the Side room concert series
- Cafe Veritas, Rochester - Monthly concerts
- The Firewall Cafe, Williamson - Live music Saturday Nights
- The Greenhouse Cafe, Rochester - Live music on Friday Nights
- Johnny's Irish Pub, Rochester - Live music many nights
- The Lovin' Cup Bistro, Rochester - Open Mic on Tuesday, and live music on weekends.
- Perry Farmers Market, Perry - Live music on Saturdays during summer months
- Rochester Folkus - Live Folk, Bluegrass, Traditional, Old-Time, etc. on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month.
- Towpath Cafe, Fairport - Open Mic nights and Live music
- Tunes by the Tracks, Clifton Springs - Live music on Wednesdays