Dan and Maureen Kuchta commented on Festival 2016 2016-09-10 09:01:22 -0400Hi Mohamed – The Festival is occurring this weekend and tickets are still available at the gate. Dates for upcoming events are listed on our website in the sections for Concerts and Workshops.
Dan and Maureen Kuchta commented on Events 2018-09-04 22:06:25 -0400Hi Ed – really sorry to hear you haven’t had a good experience at Golden Link. We try to create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere, but there are many different people at the meetings with different styles of interacting and occasionally it doesn’t work out for some people. I’m glad you’re coming to the Festival and hope you have a better time there.
Dan and Maureen Kuchta wants to volunteer 2015-07-07 10:12:22 -0400
Thanks for Volunteering! Please click the checkboxes below to indicate your area of interest, and leave a comment letting us know any more details about how you'd like to help out. If you'd like to serve on the sounding board, please mention which role you're interested in.Become a volunteer
Note, if you're a Golden Link member and would like to volunteer for the Turtle Hill Folk Festival, Click Here.
Folk music clubs, societies, and organizations in the Rochester area and around the country. If you know of additional organizations to be listed here, please leave a comment or contact the webmaster via the link at the bottom of this page.
- American Recorder Society, Rochester Chapter
- Buffalo Friends of Folk Music
- Country Dancers of Rochester
- Fiddlers of the Genesee
- Rochester Guitar Club
- Sacred Harp Singing
Around the Country
John McCutcheon is folk music’s Renaissance man – a master instrumentalist (hammer dulcimer, banjo, guitar, piano, autoharp), powerful singer-songwriter, storyteller, activist, and author. His eclectic catalog of ballads, historical songs, children’s songs, love songs, topical satire, instrumentals, and even symphonic works is among the broadest in American folk music. His 30+ albums have earned seven Grammy nominations.
“John McCutcheon is not only one of the best musicians in the USA, but also a great singer, songwriter, and song leader. And not just incidentally, he is committed to helping hard-working people everywhere to organize and push this world in a better direction.” - Pete Seeger
- The Rotary Sunshine Campus is completely wheelchair accessible. Paved paths, no steps, and modern bathroom facilities make this facility friendly to the differently abled.
- Pets, other than service animals, are prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Open fires are prohibited.
Space is available for vendors to set up a booth on the grounds near the main concert hall. Potential vendors can contact our Festival Vendor Coordinator, Jantina Cornelison by Clicking Here.
Camp grounds are available for FREE for tent camping or RVs. This is rough camping only, with no hookups for RVs. Hot showers and bathrooms are available to campers in the building next to the pool. Those bringing RVs are required to move their tow vehicles to the parking lot after setting up.
Heated bunkhouse-style cabin accommodations with attached bath & showers are available for a small fee. See the Tickets and Fees page for prices. Cabins will be gender-specific for Men, Women, Families/Co-ed. Detailed information on the cabins can be found here: Detailed Cabin Information
Not a Member?
If you're not a member and would like to be, please use the "Become a Member" button at right to learn about the cost and benefits of full membership ... and join us! For questions about membership, contact our Membership Coordinator.
You can use the links here to access the Members-Only pages of the Golden Link website.
- Upcoming Concerts and Events - Reduced member pricing on tickets, and detailed information for upcoming Concerts and events.
- Newsletters - Copies of the latest and previous newsletters
- Media Library - Access to our extensive library of CDs (and other media) containing commercially available folk music, and recordings of our Concerts and events such as the 5th Tuesday Member Showcase.
- Member Showcase Signup - Apply to perform at a 5th Tuesday Member Showcase concert.
- Subscription Preferences - Set your choices for Newsletter delivery, and opt in/out of the various types of emails we occasionally send out.
- Membership Status - Review your membership record and see if you need to renew soon.
- Renew Membership - Add another one, three or five years onto your membership.
For a detailed chart showing all member benefits click on: Benefits Comparison.
Buy your weekend tickets early and save over gate ticket prices! Members save even more!
Admission Ticket Type Member Price Non-member Price All Weekend - Advance $55 $65 All Weekend - at the Gate $65 $75 Friday Night Only $25 $30 Saturday - Day Only $12 $15 Saturday - Night Only $25 $30 Saturday - Day & Night $35 $40 Sunday Only $12 $15 Children 12 & Under Free! Free! Accommodations Accommodation Type Price Per Night Children 12 & Under "Field" camping for RVs or Tents Free! Free! Cabin with Bunkhouse style beds $10 / person
Click here for a mail-in Ticket Order Form for discounted advance all-weekend tickets only. The deadline for mail ordering is September 1, 2015. Weekend advance tickets will also be available at Tuesday night Golden Link Singarounds. Single day or evening tickets are available online using the Showclix link at the top of this page.
Dan and Maureen Kuchta commented on Sing-arounds 2017-10-12 09:35:41 -0400Hi Chris. Thanks for the correction! I’ve updated the page.